Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Born this Way baby!

What's a better way to start my first post than with the lyrics of Lady who I 'm Ga-ga-ing over!
 Lady Gaga :)
I don't know if its just me, but I really reallyyyyyy like her. Beneath all the fashion (well I can still say these things, even though I'm a designer :) beacause its my blog, ha!) and the drama, she seems so warm and sooo real, more real than your regular pop stars. Therefore, I decided to see what happens when I take my favorite Lady Gaga song and try and sing it my way...
I do play the guitar(quite badly I confess) but I make myself happier by saying, " But I'm a vocalist, not a guitarist!" Actually I'm just downright lazy. Not to deviate here, I tried playing and singing this song of hers... And man! It was mind-blowing.
Obviously only I know how good it sounded,haha... Seriously, I am planning to upload me singing it real soon. Maybe a picture, if not the video! As soon as I stop hating my voice in the recordings. Soon soon!
You know I'm sure she wrote this song while just strumming on the guitar and thinking of her days of struggle, and then it goes and becomes this larger than life "birthing" video that it is. What the hell, I love that video too!
And here are some of the lyrics...

It doesn't matter if you love him or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up
(yes I am one of your monsters. I have paws too,Gaga!)
'Cause you were born this way, baby

My mama told me when I was young
We are all born superstars
She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on
In the glass of her boudoir

There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are
She said, 'cause He made you perfect, babe
So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far
Listen to me when I say

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way, born this way




I have been wanting to write and photo-blog everything, like really- Everything! for really long now. An outlet for me more than anything. When I'm happy I have felt like blogging, when I'm frustrated, I've felt like even more, haha! But I have had a blog-phobia. Not reading them, just writing. But then it happened...... So this has been a good day... a start... though I think what i really want is a photo-blog. Baby steps! :)

So yes, getting back to my Lady, and this song. Yes I love this song. Its so bold,so unashamed and just so true. I relate to it.

So here's to my first post... CHEERS!
Thank you Lady Gaga. For truly being an inspiration to me.

4 comments:

  1. I am sooo sooo happy to read your first blog!!!! so proud of u girl !!Firstly I love the concept and cool cartoon reminds me of youuu!!!Cheers to a great start to writing!Sreeja

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ... way to go !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!! Love the way u wrote 'have' and struck it off and put 'had'. Too cool. And u really must record what you sing. I am not gonna stop nagging you about that :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh..the cartoon definitely is more you than lady gaga! great first post babe.. !love love love it!

    ReplyDelete