Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

The Zara Pilgrimage



So what happens when Zara opens its first store in a sleepy, modestly dressed, kind of laid back city like Namma Bengaluru???

Well, me for starters, dressed up a bit more than usual. I had to go to ZARA after all... And brush shoulders with fellow fashionistas and Zara-obsessors (is that even a word!?) I even carried the slightly-too-heavy Canon DSLR around my neck... Such was my intent and excitement. Who knew, I would probably put up pics all over my blog about "my day out" at the Bengaluru Zara.


But what exactly happened?
I did not manage to take even one decent picture!
And well, not to exaggerate, but it was a bit more like a factory visit, the whole journey with my colleagues to the outskirts :P Sorry, all you people staying in Whitefield. Until my work place shifts to some non-central location, I will always consider Whitefield the "out-skirts".

Ah, but the mall was quite large (I'm not always critical!) and spacious- a welcome change for malls in Bangalore. The Zara store is supposed to be 17,000 sq feet. An expansive la-la land of fashion. But, somehow to me, it just seemed empty and some merchandise looked like it was last season(horrors!) Specially after just visiting all the Zara's through my Euro trip (I am one devoted pilgrim , right?) and of course the Zara's in Delhi n Mumbai... Okay, okay, it just opened a week ago and all that, let's give it a break.

So, I realize I am not supposed to behave like this. But this is great news!
I speak for all fashion conscious Bangloreans. We have been waiting foreverrrr for Zara to come here. Now let's just hope that we get fresh stock around here. Fingers crossed :)  The absolute lack of international brands in this city makes us behave in such funny ways! And the best part is that all other brands are going to follow suit, now that Zara is here.
 Hoot hoot!

The devotees await :)








2 comments:

  1. firstly, yay for zara in bangalore! and yay for posting about it!
    secondly, did you not like buy one single thing? eeeek..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nivi, there WAS nothing to buy(unless I wanted Zara SS11 or some overly bling gold sequinned clothing)!:P

    ReplyDelete