Pages

Friday 9 December 2011

The Brazil Series -1: Rio

Copacabana Beach, Rio
Ah, travel!How much I love you.
These are some gorgeous pics and memories from my trip to Brazil in 2007. I had quit my first (and worst) job out of boredom and thirst to do something new. And boy! Was it new :)
I went to Brazil to intern at a knitwear company. Which I did. Kind of. But I ended up travelling a lot more :P


So my companion was a dear friend of dad's who became my friend too... her name is Ana and she's a real sweetheart. It was such amazing fun.... We started our wanderings from Sao Paulo. Flew up to Rio and Salvador (in Bahia district) and then to Fortaleza. More pics coming up!


That's Ana with the famous Christo

The Christ or Christo or locally referred to as "Corcovado"( the letter R is pronounced as H, so it would sound more like Cohcovado)  is probably the most famous statue of Christ in the world. Most recently seen in Twilight: Breaking Dawn where dear newly-weds Edward and Bella go to Rio, on route to some exotic la-la land island belonging to his mother! :O  Vampires are rich, I tell you! I watched this movie twice already by the way.
  


Streets are filled with this kind of graffitti

Some serenaders by the Copacabana beach. They taught me how to samba as well!

That mountain behind Ana is called "Sugar Loaf" or locally known as "Pau de Azucar" It really does look  like it!


 
What else did we do there?
Umm.... nothing much really! It's such an amazing city to just chill and do nothing (except have lots and lots of beer) and crash some amazing parties happening on roads, beaches and parks and every possible place!
Below are some pictures of a party we crashed ;)


Not only do they graciously welcome shameless foreigners into their gathering, they are amazing musicians! I wish I had a good quality video to upload here! And everybody in Rio knows how to samba! In 5" heels. Men in flats of course :P


I have probably never felt as tom-boyish as I felt there, because the women were SOOOOO hot! I am a girl and I felt it. No wonder, the reputation of Brazil :)


Even the view from the top, on route to Rio looked like a freakin' tiny bikini! God bless Brazil!

I miss you Brazil!
Also Ana and all the lovely people I met...
Waiting to write my next series! :)


Beijos! :-*



1 comment:

  1. wow, great, loved it!! Also miss those days. I remember the annoying guys trying to make you "sambar" at any cost, LOL! what about Fortaleza pics? Beijos, Ana

    ReplyDelete