Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Indians hide and Sulk

What a co-incidence...
That I was planning to write about the Sulk Station  gig that happened yesterday and this morning the paper says....


 And Sulk.

So Sulk Station is a trip-hop/electronic duo. Tanvi Rao and  Rahul Giri. I am not so good with the musical jargons and all, but basically she does the vocals and he makes the beats. 
I love their music! Not just because Tanvi is my sister :) I think they are very new. And different. And refreshing! I could say yesterday's set was one of the best I have heard so far...
.
Yesterday, they played at B-Flat, one of my fave places for their kinda music. It's an intimate setting, just perfectly lit and just perfectly small.(intimate by the way, was the word of the gig yesterday)





Ah.... the stage set up did look like an i-store :P Not kidding!


 I hope 2012 sees them performing more, much more! :)
And of course their *album release*! yay!

Check them out here http://www.facebook.com/sulkstation 
and here  http://www.sulkstation.com/

 So 2011 has been a wonderful year.... A lot of love, work, travel and madness. Hope it continues :D






 Wishing you all a Happy New Year 2012! 






1 comment:

  1. Sulk Station is amazing.. having heard what I've heard online. Kudos to Tanvi and Rahul. I would love to go to a live gig..perhaps next when I'm in bangalore?

    ReplyDelete